Joint Funded Projects by FEDER and other Agencies
Laboratorio de imagen médica
- Funding agency: Ministerio de Economía y competitividad
- Reference: UNLC13-1E-2399
- Date: 2013/01/01 - 2015/12/31
- Main researcher: N. Barreira
The objective of this project is to equip the VARPA group with a series of imaging devices that will be used in the development of automatic methodologies for computer aided diagnosis systems.
Namely, the following devices have been granted in this project:
- Axio Vert.A1 Inverted Microscope
- Inverted microscopes are useful for observing living cells, organisms, and tissues. One of the current research lines of the VARPA group is the development of automatic methodologies for tissue analysis and characterization.
- I3O Hand-held Retinal Camera
- This device captures images of the eye fundus. The VARPA group has developed several algorithms in the retinal field from images acquired with non-portable devices. The aim of this purchase is to test those algorithms with this kind of devices in order to develop a portable solution for retinal diagnosis.